From THE INTERRUPTERS film team comes InterruptViolence.com
Interrupt Violence is a multi-platform community engagement campaign inspired by the Emmy award-winning documentary film, THE INTERRUPTERS. The film is a moving and surprising story of three “violence interrupters” in Chicago who – with bravado, humility and even humor – try to protect their communities from the violence they once employed during a time when the city became the national symbol for violence. We loved this film (find it in our library here), and we love this team’s ongoing efforts to better our cities and communities.
If you are interested in promoting safe and healthy communities, here are some ways you can use InterruptViolence.com:
• Engage thoughtfully with diverse media that will broaden your worldview
• Read the stories of those who are battling it out in their own communities
• Encourage creativity and story narratives by asking students to create living shrines
• Share your own experiences of coping with violence
• Find a plethora of resources, strategies, and inspiration
• Nurture social and emotional learning and improve conflict resolution tools
• And much more…
Please visit InterruptViolence.com, particularly the Interactive Stories section that allow you to interact with others’ stories and even download lesson plans created to complement 10-minute excerpts of the film.